Through my experience of working as a teacher and forest school leader. I have witnessed the great power of the natural world and the positive impacts it has on children’s learning. I have seen children’s self esteem and confidence soar as they begin to spend more time outside, learning about nature. Learning doesn’t look one way - it is multi-layered and multi-faceted. As children have new experiences, they connect the dots to what they have already learnt, adding to their understanding of the world, building a bigger picture.
Our role as adults is to provide the tools and experiences that support their learning, and assist their instinctive wish to discover and understand. The role of the adult is often busy, with the many responsibilities of caring for children. Finding quality, open ended materials and activities can often be time consuming. Having experienced that struggle myself, during my time as a teacher, I felt inspired to create collections of thoughtful, open ended tools and materials that you will be able to print at home and use for many years. Supporting and uplifting children’s natural ways of learning, will feel easier as you provide beautiful resources to enrich and deepen each learning experience.
Each month you’ll receive:
- 7 beautifully designed and carefully curated learning tools and materials based on a nature topic.
- A guide from Jill with suggestions and guidance for how the materials could be used to support the learning of 3-7 year olds.
- Access to a private Facebook group to share ideas and ways of using the resources with fellow families and community members.
- Discounts on shop items.
The printable learning materials and tools may include:
- Picture and word cards
- Question cards and discussion prompts
- Puppets and stories
- Nature exploration activities
- Discovery cards
- Invitations to play
- Charts and Logs
- Information on the nature topic
- Indoor activities
- Outdoor activities
- Animal Profiles
- Nature Walk Ideas